Manage machining / toolmaking group.
RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Responsibilities:
- Participate in required meetings. Promote unity and positive morale. Assure cleanliness of working areas. Locate material to proper queue.
- Verify part count to ERP and Job Traveler.
- Assist on Job Traveler creation process.
- Complete quality documentation using readable information.
- Develop, monitor, and use performance measures to promote continuous improvement. Understand, train on, and enforce applicable Operations and Quality Systems’ requirements.
- Evaluate employee performance and follow SMA’s disciplinary process if needed.
- Manage overtime requirements. Monitor employee attendance.
- Coordinate with Shop Manager, Aerospace Leaders and fellow managers. Coordinate cross training activities.
- Supervise production process.
- Assure that ERP schedule is followed.
- Participate in team management with Management when required.
- Track scrap and rework for group. Perform schedule duties on a timely basis. Organize and maintain work centers. Perform Production Lead activity.
- Make sure everybody is working safely and responsibly.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements at a ratio of two (2) years post high school full time employment to one (1) year of formal education.
- Able to lift 30 pounds minimum on a regular basis.
- Four (4) years experience in machining schedule, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory capacity. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for up to 50 percent of this requirement.
- Ability to clock in and out of SMA’s ERP system correctly.
- Understand and obey all safety requirements.
- Social skills to get employees to do their jobs in a respectful.
- Mastery of basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions). Commitment to keep work area clean, safe and free of debris.
- Able to understand and communicate in with employees, peers, and management. Ability to read and understand basic blue prints.
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and measurement tools.
- Working knowledge of SMA’s Job Traveler.
- Working knowledge of scrap and rework requirements when discovered. Working knowledge of material types, aluminum, steel, etc.
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of M.O.L. laws that apply to management.
Level of Responsibility:
- All responsibilities outlined in the Range of Responsibilities and any other assigned responsibility identified by the Shop Manager.