Program Manager / Shop Manager
Perform purchasing activities per SMA requirements.
RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Responsibilities:
- Participate in required meetings. Assure cleanliness of working areas.
- Bid and select appropriate suppliers for each required purchase.
- Obtain necessary Quality System approval for supplies when required. Schedule purchase order delivery dates.
- Create and maintain purchasing files and databases. Maintain and administer modest office supplies inventory. Administer purchasing procedures.
- Get 3 comparative quotes for large ticket items.
- Monitor carbide pricing to watch for price increases.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements at a ratio of two (2) years post high school full time employment to one (1) year of formal education.
- Four (4) years experience in MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and buying activities. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for up to 50 percent of this requirement.
- Ability to clock in and out of the SMA’s ERP system correctly.
- Understand and obey all safety requirements.
- Mastery of basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions)
- Commitment to keep work area clean and free of debris.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Working knowledge of SMA’s ERP system.
Level of Responsibility:
- All responsibilities outlined in the Range of Responsibilities and any other assigned responsibility identified by the Program Manager / Shop Manager.