Director of Aerospace / Shop Manager or Aerospace Leaders
Inspect materials and processes to assure compliance with quality standards.
RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Responsibilities:
- Participate in required meetings.
- Assure cleanliness of working areas.
- Locate material to proper queue.
- Verify part count to Job Traveler.
- Complete quality documentation using readable information.
- Perform/Verify inspection of products. These inspections include dimensional, visual, paperwork, material handling, workmanship, and work center cleanliness. Submit paper work (CMM reports) and parts to Shop Manager or Aerospace Leaders in order to forward them to the customer.
- Perform First Article Inspection, if necessary.
- Perform Receiving Inspection, if necessary.
- Perform Hardness Testing.
- Perform Calibration Testing.
- Identify and label parts per Job Traveler.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Eighteen (18) months experience as a quality technician plus one (1) year experience in precision machining. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for up to 50 percent of this requirement. OJT provided, if necessary. Working experience with PC-DMIS and Polyworks software and CMM DEA and FARO ION laser tracker equipment.
- Ability to clock in and out of the SMA’s ERP system correctly.
- Understand and obey all safety requirements.
- Mastery of basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions).
- Commitment to keep work area clean and free of debris.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Ability to read and understand print and all GD&T dimensions..
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, and other measurement tools.
- Working knowledge of SMA’s Job Traveler.
- Working knowledge of scrap and rework requirements when discovered.
- Working knowledge of material (hot rolled, aluminum, etc.) properties.
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials.
- Working knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of customer’s quality specifications, if necessary.
Level of Responsibility:
- General Responsibilities outlined in the Range of Responsibilities and any other assigned responsibility identified by the Shop Manager.